Since becoming a stay at home Mom, I have become obsessed with packing school lunches, planning kid's parties and organizing my home.
It's not normal...I KNOW!

Thursday 4 September 2014

Kitchen Organization

 
Since the kids are back to school, I have decided to tackle my kitchen cupboards.  I love to cook, most days.  But I get a little rage when I open the spice cupboard to an avalanche of baking items plummeting to my head.  I don't bake often but seem to have collected a wide variety of baking chocolate!  Who knew all of that was hiding in the crevasses of  the cupboards?!  I had so many partial bags of things that I didn't even know about.  I definitely needed new way to get my 'pantry cupboard' in order.
 
 
So I took a trip to my local Solutions for a little inspiration.  I purchased a step-like spice rack to organize large spices and all of the ones that were in different shaped containers.  I used some little plant pots that I already had to label and organize candles, icing tubes and sprinkles which I don't use very often.  The top shelf of this cupboard used to house all my baking stuff (flour, sugar etc.).  Instead of crossing my fingers each time I open the cupboard in hopes nothing falls, I bought some shoe racks from Ikea to store all of my pantry items in glass jars.  I do not have a built in pantry in my kitchen, so this was a perfect solution.  They are ultra narrow and tilt to open taking up very little space.  Here are some photos of my now-not-so-troublesome cupboards. 
 
 

 

 
The top drawers are 'Mama's' and the bottom drawers house...YOU GUESSED IT...toys, colouring books, homework books, etc.

So now...I am obsessed...obsessed with these shoe racks!!!  I can think of a million ways to use them in all areas of the house.  They take up such little space and could hold pretty much anything with a little imagination.

How are you going to use yours?










No comments:

Post a Comment